Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wandering around the blogosphere

I have a link to Erin Wilson's blog on the right hand side of this page. I found my way to her blog through the comments she posted on Pernell Goodyear's old blog. I have found my way to numerous other blogs with interesting posts by following the link lists on other folks' blogs (Dave Hamilton, who I found through Al Baker, has one of the most interesting blogs). What I have found on many of these blogs is a real openness about their lives. In a number of cases, I haven't met these folks, but I know if I ever meet them, I'll go in knowing a fair bit about them.

This is something I am not good at. The transparency presented by some of these folks (Erin in general and, of late, Pernell and Margie Goodyear) impresses me. I know there are some who would think of it as a cry for attention (oh, look at me, I've had problems!!), or maybe they're making some stuff up to get attention, but I like to think of myself as being not QUITE that cynical. However, I am really not that good at sharing things with others, and here's the reason why....not many bad things have ever happened to me. Most of the pain (and there isn't much) has usually been inflicted by me on others.

I am not easy to live with. Short-tempered, hyperactive, opinionated. Always focused on getting what I want, regardless of how my wants affect others. God has done a LOT of work on me to get me where I am today.

More later (maybe).

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Al said...

I remember you telling our small group years ago that intimacy translates as "in-to-me-see". That's the way I look at blogging. If my friends use it to share what they're feeling, good or bad, that's a good thing to me. Unfortunately it's perhaps not as easy to share face to face. Or we collectively don't have the time to spend one on one getting so intimate. So, I like the way blogs allow us to share with each other.

I have a hard time believing you inflict much pain on other people Brian. And if you do so from time to time, it is clear that you are self aware, which is a good thing for sure.

You are certainly someone that I look up to.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home